Information We Collect on the DJI Go App:
- User-provided Information.
- When you use the DJI Go App, you may provide us with information about you, including your name, email address, mailing address, and mobile phone number. You may provide us with information in various ways when using the DJI Go App. For example, you provide us with information when you register for a DJI account, use the DJI Go App, submit credentials or other information for account verification, upload or share photos or videos on or through the DJI Go App, or send us customer service-related requests using the DJI Go App.
- User-provided Information About Others.
- We may also collect and store information about other people that you provide to us. If you use the DJI Go App to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) information that may interest them (such as videos or photos hosted on DJI’s SkyPixel video and photograph hosting and sharing service (“SkyPixel”)) or messages (such as invitations to comment on videos or photos, or invitations to join SkyPixel) through the DJI Go App, we may store your information and the information for each such recipient. Similarly, if you use the DJI Go App to upload, share and/or distribute content (including photos, videos, flight data, or other submissions), and such content contains information about others, we may store, process, and disclose that information as provided for under this Policy.
- Device-Related Information.
- When you use the DJI Go App, you will provide us with information relating to your DJI product, your mobile device on which the DJI Go App is used, and your photos or videos that you upload using the DJI Go App. This information may include: (i) information about your mobile device (including your device ID and model); (ii) information about your DJI device (including the model and serial number of your device); (iii) geolocation data relating to your mobile device and DJI device and any photo or video you send to SkyPixel; (iv) information about any photo or video recorded, including the name of the video file, the length of the video, EXIF data relating to the photo or video, and the photo or video data itself; (v) other technical information, including the IP address used by your mobile device and flight record data; and (vi) data associated with your DJI account. When you choose to self-authorize or “unlock” flight operations in locations that are categorized by DJI’s Geospatial Environment Online system as raising safety or security issues, we collect and retain geolocation information relating to your decision.
- Third Party Web Beacons and Third Party Buttons.
- We may display third-party content on the DJI Go App, including third-party advertising. We may also implement third party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may function as web beacons even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through third-party web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, not by DJI. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
- Information from Other Sources.
- We may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the DJI Go App, such as our business partners, contractors, advertisers, and other third parties.
How We Use the Information We Collect.
We use information we collect through the DJI Go App in a variety of ways in providing the DJI Go App and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect through the DJI Go App to operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the DJI Go App, to verify and manage DJI user accounts, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to by DJI.
- We use the information that we collect through the DJI Go App to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the DJI Go App and DJI products, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use your information to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with.
- We may use information we collect to: (i) personalize our DJI Go App; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the DJI Go App and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the DJI Go App.
When We Disclose Information.
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect through the DJI Go App to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to upload to a publicly accessible site or venue using the DJI Go App (including to SkyPixel) will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We work with third party service providers to provide application development, hosting, maintenance, flight environment data, account verification, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us.
- We may preserve and disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, warrant or request, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies. Please note that if you conduct your flight in specific countries, your flight data might be monitored and provided to the governmental authorities according to local regulatory law.
- We also reserve the right to preserve and disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the DJI Go App and any facilities or equipment used to make the DJI Go App available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including personal information and any information collected through the DJI Go App, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- We may make certain aggregated, automatically-collected, or otherwise non-personal information about users of the DJI Go App available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; (iii) product safety analysis; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality of the DJI Go App and DJI products.
If you decline to share certain personal information with us, we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the DJI Go App.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com.
We use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data; Google provides some additional privacy options described at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ . We use Flurry by Yahoo! to collect and process certain analytics data; Flurry provides some additional privacy options described at https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/ .
The DJI Go App may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the DJI Go App. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the DJI Go App.
The DJI Go App is a general audience application intended for users over the age of 18, and is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent.
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of personal information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards.
International Visitors and Users
The DJI Go App connects to servers hosted in the United States, China, and Hong Kong. If you choose to use the DJI Go App from the European Union or other regions of the world, then please note that you may be transferring your personal information outside of those regions for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S., China, and Hong Kong to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and providing the services associated with the DJI Go App. By providing any information, including personal information, on or through the DJI Go App, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the DJI Go App, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. Your continued use of the DJI Go App after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy or our data practices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd.
14th Floor, West Wing, Skyworth Semiconductor Design Building,
No.18 Gaoxin South 4th Ave, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China, 518057